找到了有意向的代理商后,梅和托尼和代理商讨论要拓展的业务和佣金问题。

M: Anita, thanks for coming. Perhaps we should start by telling you what we are looking for, and then you can tell us what you think, ok?
安妮塔,谢谢你能过来。我想大家应该先对你说大家需要合作方做的业务,然后你再谈谈你的想法,如何?

A: Fine.
好的

T: Yes, what we are looking for mainly is an agent in Britain to represent us. Someone to help us with marketing1...
嗯,大家主要需要一家代理商代理大家在英国的业务,包含市场业务

M: Yeah, and dealing2 with any queries3 from customers
是的,解答客户的问询

T: Taking customer orders, dealing with any problems
同意客户的订单,处置可能出现的任何问题

M: once they get on the plane, we look after them
直道客户登上飞机,大家来处置剩下的事情

T: Yes. Really, someone to deal with everything here in Britain.
是的。处置在英国的所有业务。

A: Fine, I see no problem with that. We represent other companies in exactly the same way.
我了解了,我想应该没那些问题。大家为其他公司代理也是如此做的。

T: Well, perhaps now we should discuss payment? Commission, how do you normally work?
那样,大家目前是否该讨论一下报酬了?你们一般是如何收取佣金的?

A: Well, normally, we work on a commission of around 14 percent for each holiday booked.
哦,一般,大家对每张度假订单收取14%的佣金。

M: Oh, I think our boss usually pays around 8%. Is that right Tony?
哦,我想大家老板一般是支付8%的佣金。是否,托尼?

T: I think so, but in this case it's a bit different.
我想是的。不过目前的状况不太一样。

A: You are talking about quite a lot of marketing, dealing with customers and so on.
你们需要大家做不少的市场业务,客服等等。

M: Yeah, I can see that. But, we'd have to discuss it with head office first.
是的,我了解。但大家得先和总部谈一下。

T: Yes, we could phone them this afternoon, to discuss it with our boss.
是的,大家今天下午给总部打电话,和老板讨论这个问题。

A: Fine, and perhaps we can meet again to discuss it tomorrow?
好的,我想大家明天上午再讨论这个问题?

M: Fine. Good idea.
好啊,好主意。