上次大家讲了谢绝工作邀请的一些常用句型,这次大家来看一些实战会话,看看这类求职者都是如何来谢绝工作的。
A=Applicant I=Interviewer
Dialogue 1
I: Hello, is that Mr. Sun? This is Mrs Smith with ABC Corp.
你好,孙先生吗?我是ABC企业的史密斯女性。
A: Yes, this is Sun Lin.
是的,我是孙林。
I: I'd like to tell you that you can come to work for us.
我想对你说你可以来大家公司工作了。
A: Oh, I am sorry, but I just accepted another offer that I feel is more suitable1 to my needs.
哦,非常抱歉,我刚刚同意了另一个我觉得更符合我需要的工作。
I: I see.
我了解了。
A: I really appreciate your offer, but I must decline2 it.
很感谢贵企业的录用,但我不能不拒绝它。
I: You are welcome. Please call us if you change your mind.
不需要客气,假如你改变了主意,可以打电话给大家。
A: I will. Thank you.
我会的,谢谢你。
Dialogue 2
I: Mr. Sun, this is Mrs Smith at ABC. I am calling to offer you the Sales Manager position. I am wondering if you are still interested in it.
孙先生,我是ABC企业的史密斯女性。我打电话是想对你说销售经理一职你已被录用了。我不了解你还是否感兴趣。
A: Frankly3 speaking, I have been thinking that the position is not right for me after the interview.
坦白地说,面试后我一直觉得这个工作不合适我。
I: Really, what changed your mind?
是吗,是什么叫你改变了主意?
A: I think there is too much responsibility4 for me. I wonder if I can handle it.
我觉得这份工作要承担的责任太多了,我不了解能否应对得了。
I: I am sure you can.
我相信你能应对的。
A: But I have my doubts, and I don't want to accept a position that I don't think I will be happy in.
但我怀疑我一个人,我不想同意一份自己感到不开心的工作。
I: You are right.
你说得对。
A: But thank you for the offer. Good luck.
但还是很感谢你的录用。祝你好运。
Dialogue 3
A: Hello, this is Sun Lin, may I speak to Mrs. Smith?
你好,我是孙林,我可以和史密斯女性讲话吗?
I: Yes, this is Mrs Smith. Mr. Sun, have you received our letter?
我就是史密斯。孙先生,你收到大家给你的信了吗?
A: Yes, Mrs Smith. I am just calling to thank you for your offer. But I am sorry to tell you I have accepted another position.
我收到了,我打电话就是感谢贵企业的录用,不过很遗憾地对你说,我已经同意了另一个职位。
I: May I ask why?
我可以问为何吗?
A: I really think that position suits my educational background better. What's more, that company will supply me with an apartment, you know I haven't my own house and I have to rent.
我感觉那个职位很符合我的教育背景,而且那个公司会为我提供一套住房,我没我们的房屋,需要租房屋住。
I: I see.
我了解。